Purcell Weekend last
Time & Location
About the Event
The weekend includes three sessions of choral training and a concert accompanied byMichael Maxwell Steer, organ and harpsichord, with the CherubimString Quartet.
• You will need moderate music-reading ability, but help will be given
• A complete list of music will be sent before Easter
• Excellent free coffee and biscuits. Optional Saturday dinner
Repertoire will be selected from Dido & Aeneas (To the hills - In our deep vaulted cell - Come away, fellow sailors - Great minds against themselves - They hand Belinda / When I am laid - With drooping wings) The Fairy Queen (Echo - Now join your warbling - Sing while we trip it - Fairies’ Dance - If Love's a sweet passion Hail, great parent). Anthems (Rejoice in the Lord alway - Remember not Lord - Thou knowest, Lord). Catches (At the close of evening - Five Reasons - Would you know how we meet - Of all the instruments - To all lovers of music - Man is for the woman made).
Plus music for strings and harpsichord performed by Gabriella Jones, William McGahan, Oscar Holch, Josh Salter, with Michael Maxwell Steer harpsichord and organ.
Saturday (in the church) 1000-1300. 1430-1800
Sunday (in Hinton Hall) 0930-1230. (in the church) 1330-1515
Concert (in the church) 1600-1700
There is an informal dinner at The Boot on Saturday evening on a PAYG basis.
- Purcell - Single Earlybird£63£630£0
- Purcell - Single£70£700£0
- Purcell - Couple£130£1300£0
- Purcell - Audience£12£120£0
- Purcell - Student£30£300£0