Viola (baroque) – Jan Pawlikowsky 2020, ‘Donovan’ with bows by Timothy Richards
Oscar is a 23 year old career violist who got a first at the Academy and now holds a Guildhall scholarship, where he is principal viola in the Guildhall SO and baroque orchestra. He has participated in many masterclasses, and his quartet recently won the Edinburgh Apprentice Competition.
Significant Solo/Chamber Music:
– Performed as part of BBC SO Total Immersion Weekend – chamber music by Butterworth and Georges Antoine, Broadcast on BBC Radio 3
– July 2018 Performed alongside Levon Chilingirian, Louise Hopkins and Matthew Jones in the Guildhall Chamber Music Festival
– June2018 Performed at the Beaminster Festival with Tedesco String Trio
– May 2018- Member of Ensemble 7, currently performing alongside classical superstar Miloš Karadaglić. Have performed at the BBC Biggest Weekend with future concerts around UK including Cadogan Hall.
– April 2018 participated in a Maiastra Chamber music course led by violinist Arisa Fujita, professor at GSMD and leader of the Gémeaux Quartett
– Jan 2018 Winner of the 2018 Edinburgh Quartet Apprentice Competition
– 2018 Solo recital at ‘The Venue’, Leeds International Concert Series. Brahms 1st Viola Sonata with Jams Coleman
– December 2017 with the Alauda Quartet, VIII International Chamber Music Festival “Fundación MonteLeón” (Spain)
– 2017 Vilalte Chamber Music Festival (Pyrenees, France)
– 2017 Royal Academy of Music, London: Curated and performed in a concert exploring Luciano Berio’s fascination with folk music, directed the Folk Songs and performed Naturale for viola, tape and percussion
– 2016 BBC PromsExtra concert, BBC Radio 3 broadcast. Colin Matthews 70th birthday concert. Chamber music and a solo viola piece.
– 2016 70th birthday concert for Peteris Vasks, working closely with the composer beforehand.
– Member of Goethe Piano Quartet alongside violinist Luke Hsu, cellist Ben Tarlton and pianist Joon Yoon
– Worked with conductors such as Semyon Bychkov, Christian Thielemann, Ed Gardner, Trevor Pinnock
– Side-by-side project, Australian Chamber Orchestra, October 2018
– Side-by-side project, Academy of Ancient Music, Deal Festival July 2018
– Side-by-side Project, London Mozart Players October 2017
– Principal Viola, Guildhall Symphony Orchestra under Takuo Yuasa, November 2018
– Principal Viola, Guildhall Baroque Orchestra, October 2018
– Principal Viola, Guildhall Symphony Orchestra under Esa-Pekka Salonen and Adrian Leaper, November 2017